Now the specifics on each section while i still remember it :):
- Reading had 4 passages and around 56 questions in all. Total time was 1hr 20 mins (80 mins) so for each passage i had 20 mins. Passages were from various topics and the ETS TOEFL practice test for Reading (as well as for other sections) were quite like the ones on the exam.
- Listening: I don't remember exactly how many audio clips were there in all but the general pattern was you listen to a clip and then answer multiple choice question on them.
- Speaking: 6 speaking exercises:
- First 2 were about a familiar topic that i got 15secs to prepare for each and 45 secs to speak about.
- Next 2 were - read a passage, then listen to an audio clip on it and then speak about the subject matter being discussed in both passage and clip.
- Writing: 4 exercises.
- 2 were about listening to a clip and reading a passage and then write some answers in your own words.
- 2 were given a topic write in your own words about the topic. I was asked about the school days starting early and late which one i preferred and why. Answers needed to be at least 300 words. I wrote close to 380 words.
For my preparation, all i did was 1 practice test from TOEFL study guide software. I did intend to study more but could not find the time. However after doing first practice test i was familiar with the sections, the type of questions asked and how to approach them.
|TOEFL iBT||Sat May 23 07:36:01 EDT 2015||28||28||28||21||105|