- Health experts have discovered that the culprit behind deadly diseases like cancer and diabetes is in fact the kind of diet people today have.
- This means entirely eliminating grains, legumes, dairy products, processed sugars and starches, as well as alcohol from your diet.
- The Paleo Diet allows only the consumption of the following food types: Meat There is some debate and discussion about the kind of meat you should choose for your Paleo Diet. Some advocates insist on eating only lean meat, while others are more adamant about choosing fatty cuts. The original Paleo does not prescribe the kind of meat cuts you should choose. However, Paleo experts dispel the myth about the “unhealthy” saturated fats found in fatty meat cuts. There is no substantial scientific evidence that actually links saturated fats with heart disease, so there’s no need to avoid fats.
- meat from grass-fed animals is preferable to meal-fed animals because these are closer in composition to the wild animals hunted by the ancients. If grass-fed is unavailable or too expensive, you should probably choose a leaner cut of the meal-fed.
- Fruits are the only natural source for sugars that is allowed in the Paleo diet.
- Vegetables Together with fruits, vegetables are a great natural and unprocessed source of necessary nutrients and vitamins.
- Whole Nuts and Seeds Nuts and seeds are a great snack for Paleo because they contain healthy fats and essential oils.
- Seafood Ancient hunter-gatherers did not only hunt land animals, they also hunted fish and other sea animals. Seafood is rich in protein, and fish like tuna and salmon are high in the healthy omega3 oil.
- Eggs Other diets warn against eating eggs because they are high in cholesterol. But eggs have a lot of good enzymes, being high in protein and vitamins A and B.
- Supplements Since grass-fed beef is usually expensive, other Paleo dieters recommend getting the meal-fed ones and supplementing with fish oil capsules to get an added dose of omega3
- In moderation, these food and drinks can be consumed: Coffee Chocolate Tea Rich Sauces dairy products like fermented yogurt, heavy cream, butter, and certain cheeses have little lactose content, so you could include them occasionally in your recipes. Dried fruits Salt
- These foods and substances should be avoided entirely: Sugars Grains and grain products Legumes Soda Alcohol
- Grains are full of gluten and lectin, which can obstruct the natural digestive process. Lectin covers the walls of your stomach and makes food more difficult to digest. Gluten, meanwhile, causes inflammation and can also cause autoimmune diseases, or diseases which cause your immune system to attack itself.
- Paleo Benefits Weight loss and maintenance Detoxify your body from substances found in grains and legumes, such as lectin and phytic acids Prevent degenerative diseases like diabetes, cancer, obesity, and heart diseases
- You can cut up fruits and vegetables and stock them in your freezer, so you have readily available ingredients for salads and quick snacks.
- stock your meat in the freezer and pre-cook enough (without seasoning) for 2 or 3-day meals.
- Eat when you are hungry.
- Instead of counting the carbs or worrying about the ratio of your veggies and meat portions, let your body guide you and eat a small meal whenever you feel hungry.
- Exercise. Paleo works best for people who have relatively active lifestyles. Even just a brief 15 to 30 minute gym or running session can do wonders for weight loss.
- Drink water. Never substitute fruit juices for water during Paleo. make sure you get at least 8 glasses of water daily.
- Eat more fat. Because you dropped on carbs, you will need more fat to sustain your energy levels throughout the day.
Thursday, May 14, 2015
Book Review: Paleo Diet
My notes from the book:
Paleo Diet - What Our Ancestors Didn't Tell Us About The Best Diet In History And How You Can Use It To Lose Weight Quickly And Easily (Paleo Recipes, ... Paleo Solution, Paleo Cookbook, Paleo) (Adams, Ralph)
The Perfect Score Project: Uncovering the Secrets of the SAT by Debbie Stier My rating: 5 of 5 stars A book true to its name - uncovers...
I hit this issue recently which occurred on only one windows 7 host. The error was caused by this hard to guess reason ( http://support.mic...
From Building Microservice Systems with Docker and Kubernetes by Ben Straub http://techbus.safaribooksonline.com/video/web-development/9...
Message Producer for Kafka Message Consumer for Kafka