Saturday, May 11, 2013

Dell XPS 14 Ultrabook Review

Recently I got myself another notebook and for the first time I am trying an ultrabook – the dell xps 14 ultrabook base model which comes with i5 dual core 1.7 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM and 32GB SSD + 500 GB (5400 RPM) HDD.

The configuration is pretty decent for programming and everyday computing purposes but what is most attractive is the build quality – its aluminum body and slim overalls with the 1600x900 resolution screen for a 14” size is a pretty attractive aspect of this ultrabook. From the specs I was expecting this computer to be slow but I am plesantly surprised that over and above the processor the build of the system does make a BIG difference in the overall performance of your system. It is pretty close in look to a macbook pro and though it is not that light weight the feel of using this system is so good that I think this is the best laptop I have ever owned or even had (it surpasses my work laptop which is a dell latitude e6430).

I could not be more happy. It’s a great laptop/ultrabook to have. Especially I got this in a great deal (a refurbished one at $470 when the new ones with same config are from $800-$1000).

No comments:

Popular micro services patterns

Here are some popular Microservice design patterns that a programmer should know: Service Registry  pattern provides a  central location  fo...