- Create an Ubuntu 64 bit VM on VirtualBox with following specs:
- CPU - 1
- Memory - 1GB
- HDD - 20GB (VDI, Dynamic allocation)
- Network - NAT with Port forwarding - TCP, 5900 (on local host) forwarded to 5900 (on VM)
- Download Ubuntu desktop 15.04 and install it on the VM.
- Once installation completes, search for Desktop Sharing applet.
- Enable sharing, provide password.
- Now launch a VNC viewer and specify the IP of the parent host on which VirtualBox is installed with port 5900.
- If connecting from same host where virtual box is installed then you may use localhost:5900.
- It will prompt for password then connect.
Friday, October 02, 2015
Using VNC with Ubuntu on VirtualBox
Book Review: Superhuman by Habit: A Guide to Becoming the Best Possible Version of Yourself, One Tiny Habit at a Time by Tynan
Superhuman by Habit: A Guide to Becoming the Best Possible Version of Yourself, One Tiny Habit at a Time by Tynan My rating: 5 of 5 star...
I hit this issue recently which occurred on only one windows 7 host. The error was caused by this hard to guess reason ( http://support.mic...
From Building Microservice Systems with Docker and Kubernetes by Ben Straub http://techbus.safaribooksonline.com/video/web-development/9...
Following are the steps to create NPIV port on an adapter (only tested with Brocade HBAs) on a host with VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi hypervisor...