- Create an Ubuntu 64 bit VM on VirtualBox with following specs:
- CPU - 1
- Memory - 1GB
- HDD - 20GB (VDI, Dynamic allocation)
- Network - NAT with Port forwarding - TCP, 5900 (on local host) forwarded to 5900 (on VM)
- Download Ubuntu desktop 15.04 and install it on the VM.
- Once installation completes, search for Desktop Sharing applet.
- Enable sharing, provide password.
- Now launch a VNC viewer and specify the IP of the parent host on which VirtualBox is installed with port 5900.
- If connecting from same host where virtual box is installed then you may use localhost:5900.
- It will prompt for password then connect.
Friday, October 02, 2015
Using VNC with Ubuntu on VirtualBox
Book notes: Designing Data-Intensive Applications: The Big Ideas Behind Reliable, Scalable, and Maintainable Systems, by Martin Kleppmann
My notes from the excellent book on how software has evolved to handle data from hierarchical databases to the NoSQL - https://www.goodrea...
I hit this issue recently which occurred on only one windows 7 host. The error was caused by this hard to guess reason ( http://support.mic...
From Building Microservice Systems with Docker and Kubernetes by Ben Straub http://techbus.safaribooksonline.com/video/web-development/9...
Our project for CMPE 297 - Special Topics course. https://github.com/sjsucohort6/myconnect-app-ios [TBD - Demo video link will be add...