I have read the following books in order so far since Nov 2005 when i made a move from embedded systems programming to the J2EE world:
- Head first servlets and JSP by Kathy Sierra & Bert Bates
- Mastering EJB 3rd Edn. by Ed Roman et al
- SCJP 5.0 Study Guide by Kathy Sierra & Bert Bates
- JBoss at Work: A Practical Guide by Tom Marrs & Scott Davis
- Struts: The complete reference by James Holmes (only first 10 chapts).
- Oracle University: Introduction to SQL
- J2EE Webservices by Richard Monson-Haefel
- Designing Webservices with J2EE 1.4 by Inderjeet Singh et al
- Head First EJB by Kathy Sierra & Bert Bates
- SNMP, SNMPv2, SNMPv3 and RMON 1 and 2, 3rd Edition, by William Stallings.
My plans are to complete the following books by November 2006:
- Head first design patterns (for sure - started 25 Oct)
- J2EE Design and Development by Rob Jhonson (May be)
- Network Management: Principles and Practice by Subramanian (read 2 chapts.)
- Oracle University: Program with PL/SQL (Oracle 9i)
Together with the above mentioned readings i have some certifications taken and planned for:
- SCJP 5.0 CX-310-055 : Passed with 90% on May 15 2006
- SCDJWS 1.4 CX-310-220 : Passed with 88% on Aug 10 2006
- SCBCD 1.3 CX-310-090 : Passed with 85% on Sept 30 2006
- SCWCD 1.4 CX-310-081 : Passed with 82% on Sept 18 2006
And some trainings:
- Oracle Workforce development program:Introduction to SQL: Completed in May 2006
- Oracle Workforce development program: Program with PL/SQL: Completed in Aug 2006.
Thats all about it till Nov 2006.